A Company Built on Innovation, Quality and Customer Service
How Thetford Does Business
Thetford Corporation provides quality products and services to the manufacturers and users of mobile vehicles throughout the world. This is accomplished through three steps:
- Product Development & Engineering
- Customer Service
Product Development & Engineering
Thetford Corporation is an innovator. We develop new products with you, the customer, in mind. We are able to keep in touch with our customers in four principal ways:
- A year-round schedule of attendance at North American shows and rallies
- Time spent in retailers around the country
- A toll-free customer service phone number
- Regular and extensive market research that allows us to talk directly to representatives of all our customers – end-users, retailers, and manufacturers
Information learned from customers goes into making existing products better and developing the innovative new products that improve your travel experiences.
Attention to detail is one reason Thetford is known for producing high-quality products. We are recognized experts in the use of “Lean Manufacturing” techniques and serve as a training facility in these techniques for the University of Michigan Business School and a wide range of manufacturers. Our attention to the production of well-built, high quality and innovative products has made us the two leading names in our respective categories.
When you purchase Thetford products you can be confident that you have purchased the highest quality, best performing, most stylish products available, products that deliver the maximum in Value today and for years to come.
Thetford is proud of its industry-acknowledged reputation of being responsive to our product users.
- First Slide-Action Valve for RV holding tanks
- First Sliding Blade RV permanent toilet
- First low profile RV toilet
- First Garden Hose Cap for Valves
- First low-water-use RV toilet
- First Water Saver (Hand Spray Attachment) Toilet
- First Water Fill Option Toilet
- First Low Vacuum Breaker Toilet
- First specifically-made RV Toilet Tissue, Aqua-Soft
- First concentrated RV holding tank deodorant, Aqua-Kem
- First two-piece, hand-carried portable toilet, Porta Potti
- First all-plastic RV permanent toilet, which evolved throughout the years into the Aqua-Magic V.
- First polyethylene holding tanks
- First cleaner designed specifically for RV’s, Aqua-Bowl
- Created the first water seal RV toilet, the Aqua-Magic III, as covered by Popular Science magazine issued in September 1975.
- First electric flush portable toilet
- First non-splash holding tank vent for portable toilets
- First built-in tissue storage for portable toilets
- First Pour-Out Spout for portable toilets
- First Level Gauge for portable toilets
- First Tissue Digester for RV holding tanks
- First Grey Water Holding Tank Deodorant
- First fresh-water, fill-assist tube for portable toilets
- First permanent toilet with removable holding tank, Thetford Cassette Porta-Potti
- First battery-powered portable toilet, the Porta Potti Electric
- First RV Level Gauge Cleaner
- First 12-cubic ft., 4-door refrigerator, the UltraLine 1200
- First RV permanent toilet manufacturer to offer a “Walkaway Flush” toilet.
- First Hand Care products specifically made for RVs, Soap and Sani-Staytion
- First Chilled Water Dispenser
- First 17-cubic foot RV refrigerator, the PolarMax RF